Bonus nerd points if you know where I got the title from.
This website gets a lot of spam. 767 pieces in 11 months, in fact, which means I get about 70 pieces each month. Thankfully, it doesn’t get posted, but it’s still annoying to delete. The only upshot is that many of the spammers try to slip under the radar by posting generic praise. Here are some of the lovely things that the nice people wanting to sell real Rolex watches, generic Viagra, and insurance have said about my website:
- I feel so much happier now I undestrand all this. Thanks!
- Grade A stuff. I’m unquestoinably in your debt.
- Wow, this is in every respect what I neeedd to know. Great post!
- F*ckin’ remarkable things here. I’m very happy to peer your article.
- Hey, very classy post. You rock, Joanna Karaplis!
- Thank you so much for providing individuals with an extremely memorable opportunity to read in detail from this website.
- I had an excellent time reading your posts and looking at your website.
- After reading both of your blogposts I staleness say i pioneer this specific one to generally be top cut.
- How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is great, as well as the content!
- Congratulations on having 1 of the most sophisticated blogs Ive arrive throughout in some time!
- Hey, great blog. Joanna Karaplis is talented guy. i would like to read more.
- Thanks for the inishgt. It brings light into the dark!
So normally I just smile, pretend they really are talking about me for a second, and click “Mark as spam.”
But yesterday, I received a chilling comment:
- naturally like your web site but you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the truth however I’ll surely come again again.
What? So now along with all the yes-men I have a rogue critic? I don’t think so, spammer. I’m an editor and an author, and I take great offense at your libelous comment. I dare you to find a typo in any of my posts (well, except this one, which is filled with spammers’ typos). For shame! Now go back to telling me how wonderful I am, and I just might let one of your comments slip by.
But probably not.
Anyone else out there reading a little too much into spam? Let me know in the comments!